Friday, April 10, 2009

Rest in peace, A Sang.

A Sang's music represented quite a significant period in my life. Think i was bout p6 or sec 1 when Ye Zi came out. Was going through the emotional period of my life, so Ye Zi and Shou Le Dian Shang were quite the few songs i turned to alot. It was also my composing period, the times when i'd stay in class during recesses, run straight home after school and stay in the room whole day, just to write versions after versions of my own lyric covers of songs. Shou Le Dian Shang was one of those i had mnay many versions for. That time i sweared it was the saddest song ever made..
And Ye Zi, the song i first auditioned myself for Regent's talentime with when im sec 3. The song touched me so much, its one of my best performance till far. Still remember it was at the AVA room, with perhaps 7 or 8 people scattered around in front. As usual for any auditions, its the intimidating silent you have to force yourself to break with your first note. To capture the audience's mind till the last note, theres pretty much nothing else but to sing well. I never exprienced that success for my auditions, and i swear i was taken aback by the burst of cheers and applause after i finish the last 2 words - Ye Zi. Theres still a vague memory of some girl coming up to me after that saying she was so touched by the performance.
There were a few other performances after, but Ye Zi was the most successful one i did. Because it was so well-written, so well sang by A Sang, every bit of it touches the heart; you know you just cant lose that essence of the song.
I believe her music had made many wonderful memories for others too. Dear Higher Ones, please bless her as she embarks on another new beginning.
Rest in peace, A Sang.

No comments: